For most battles, units take turns to attack, with the initiating unit attacking first. There are several actions that can be done at the start of each turn.
- Use an item (green bag)
- View any unit's stats (ally or enemy)
- View the attack range of any unit
- Move an allied unit to a specified tile in its range (will be colored blue)
- Attack an enemy unit (a red circle will appear over them when in range)
- Use a skill (healing or buffing an allied unit, who will have a green circle over them)
- Start autobattle (オートバトル)
- End the turn early (not all allied units have acted)
During the battle, there are several indicators which show how the battle is likely to progress.
- 攻撃/Attack - Damage dealt if the unit lands their attack. Minimum damage is 1.
- 命中/Accuracy - How likely the unit will land their attack.
- 必殺/Critical Rate - How likely the unit will unleash a critical hit, which deals 3 times as much damage as a regular attack and never misses.
- If a unit's weapon is at an advantage over another, that unit will gain increased accuracy and evasion.
- A unit will attack twice if its speed - weapon weight > enemy's speed + 5. For an attacking unit, it will attack, then the enemy will attack, then it will attack again; for a defending unit, the enemy will attack first, and the defender will attack twice.
These are determined by the units stats.
There are different types of terrain which can buff the stats of units on that tile, increasing physical defense, magic defense, accuracy, and/or evasion. Certain tiles can also regenerate the health of units on them.
Whitish glowing circles in the battle area can grant additional drops or extra experience when an allied unit moves over them.
Defeated enemies can drop gold, items, weapons, and units. Defeated allies can no longer fight and need to have their weapons repaired after the battle. Battles end when all enemies or allies have been defeated.